Our two day train tour to Machu Picchu takes you on one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba River all the way to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu you enjoy the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout the course of the journey. On arrival to Aguas Calientes you check in to your comfortable hotel for the night and get a good night's sleep so you can be up at the crack of dawn to visit Machu Picchu the following day.
DAY 01: TOUR TO THE SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
On this day tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas that starts at 8:30 in the morning, collected from the hotel to go to Pisac, which is a typical market, with pictures terraced fields on the mountain. Visit the archaeological site of Pisac. It is also famous for its fairs where you can buy beautiful handicrafts. Then we head to Urubamba where we have included a buffet lunch. Then we go to the fortress of Ollantaytambo, where descendants of the Incas living in the home of the Incas. Finally we go to the Ollantaytambo train station to board the train that leaves at 16:36 hrs. hours to Aguas Calientes, arriving 18:00 hrs. averaging. Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu).
DAY 2: TOUR TO MACHU PICCHU "LOST CITY OF THE INCAS"
After getting up early and have breakfast, climb to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and we appreciate the spectacular sunrise this marvel.Optional: can make the trek to the summit of Huayna Picchu this will take about 2 hours round trip (This visit is without Guide). After excursions with our guide to the citadel of Machu Picchu, for 2 hours, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of Three Windows and various cemeteries around for more than two hours. He was then given free time to stroll around the citadel. They will have all morning to Machu Picchu to take pictures and be in this mystical place. Then descend to Aguas Calientes and we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where our staff will be waiting for you, for transportation by bus to Cusco and take you to your hotel.
- Tourist transportation during the visit to the Sacred Valley
- Buffet lunch in a tourist restaurant in Urubamba
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Guide (English / Spanish)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu. (reservations required)
- Bus ticket Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes.
- Return Tourist Transport Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes with breakfast.
- Drinks and Water
- Phone Calls
- Snack, water, tips
- Transfer airport - hotel - airport
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Wear light or tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids in your excursions.
- Raincoat (poncho long) rainy season
- Long sleeve shirts
- Insect Repellent
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags
- Medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses)
- A light backpack per person Camera or camcorder and films.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins dollars, euros or soles.